Tuesday, January 24, 2012

INITIAL RESPONSE !

I thought that this book was very sad. I couldn't believe that Paulus would kill his own baby. It really shows how ridiculous the apartheid was in the way Africans and white people interacted with each other. I think that Paulus really didn't love Thebedi because if he truly did, he wouldn't have been afraid of what the other white people think and he wouldn't have felt the need to get rid of his own baby to hid what happened between him and Thebedi. I couldn't believe that Thebedi didn't tell the judge that Paulus killed their baby. I think that she loved Paulus, but Paulus never really loved her back. He went on other dates with white girls, and only spent time with Thebedi on the weekends. I think that pretty much everything that Paulus did to Thebedi was unfair to her. She was loyal to him and only married because she was forced to. Paulus had a choice and he still went out with other girls, even though he said that he loved Thebedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment