Monday, January 23, 2012

Country Lovers

This story was rather good. I thought Paulus was a very relatable character for the time period he was in. He was actually very compassionate for the time period. I believe throughout the story they love each other and that they are soul mates, but they can't be together because of apartheid and this is where the novel really shines. I believe that Thebedi killed the baby because she was greedy otherwise she wouldn't have testified against him and lied about it. I think that they will still harbor feelings for each other but they won't act on them because Thebedi lied to the judge.

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with Evan's comment about the killing of their child. I believe that neither killed the baby because they are smarter than that and because they know the consequences of their actions if found guilty of this crime. But, I do agree with the fact that they loved each other with all their heart, but their love could never be accepted by society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with Evan in that he thinks that Thebedi killed the baby. I think that she loved the child, and she would not kill it. I think that Paulus was a nice enough person, and he really did care about her. But I also think that he did kill the baby to protect his own name.

    ReplyDelete