Monday, January 23, 2012

Country Lovers

Country Lovers does a very good job of describing the ravaging effects of Apartheid on Africa, but I think it takes it a little too far by saying that white people got away with killing black babies. I do believe that Paulus did kill the baby and should have been proven guilty for such offenses, but the story says he got away with it. I think that Paulus just went crazy after finding out that the love of his life is now married and they can never be together again.

2 comments:

  1. I highly disagree with your view on how this story looks at Apartheid and your view on how the baby was killed. I think the story is spot on with its way of showing how Apartheid is an effect on life in this time. Also, I think Paulus didn't kill their child, because I believe that Paulus knew what his actions would lead him to and that he has to big a heart to kill his own flesh and blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alex's view on how Apartheid in Africa is so devastating. This story really does show how it tears people apart and really hurts everyone. But I disagree with his statement saying that Paulus went crazy about losing the love of his life. I dont think he really loved her all that much. I think he killed the baby to protect himself.

    ReplyDelete